SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2022
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted in two tiers as indicated below:
Scheme of Tier-I Examination:
|Tier||Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|I||I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25 / 50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe)|
|II||General Intelligence||25 / 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25 / 50|
|IV||General Awareness||25 / 50|
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English and Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
Scheme of Tier-II Examination :
|Tier||Session||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time|
|II||Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180||
1 hour (for each section)
Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
|60*3 = 180|
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|15||15*3 = 45||15 Minutes|
Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.
Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.
Tier-II will include following three sections having two modules each:
- Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
- Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
- Module-II: General Awareness
- Module-I: Computer Knowledge Test
- Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test
- Tier-II will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session-II, on same day. Session-I will include conducting of Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting of Module-II of Section-III.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Tier-II.
- Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III. The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module-II (i.e. English Language and Comprehension module) in Section II.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.