Railway Protection Force is a security force of India entrusted with protecting railway passengers, passenger area and property of the Indian Railways. There are millions of candidates who aspire to work for Indian Railways. It is very important that one understands the various aspects of RPF Recruitment 2018 especially if you are an RPF aspirant. Therefore, we are providing you with complete details about the RPF Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth. Read this article on RPF Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth carefully to not miss out on any detail and also to keep away from any sort of confusion regarding Railway Protection Force.
RPF Job Profile for Sub-Inspector & Constables
The Railways Recruitment Board is offering vacancies for RPF Constable & RPF Sub-Inspector Posts. There are around 9,739 vacancies available under RPF Recruitment 2018. Let’s look at the Job profiles of these posts under RPF one by one –
Sub Inspector Job Profile
They are like the Frontline Staff who needs to deal with all the anti-social elements, providing security to the passengers and making travel safe and smooth for passengers.
- They investigate crime, arrest offenders, interrogates concerned person, take statements of the witnesses, collect evidence and case files in the court.
- They protect the railway tracks and signaling equipment.
- Cooperate with all the other departments of the Indian Railways in improving the efficiency of the Indian Railways.
- Synchronize all the activities between the Government Railway Police or Local Police and the railway administration.
Constable Job Profile
The RPF Job Profiles for Constable includes the following Roles and Responsibilities-
- Collect data that affects the Railways.
- Maintains the law and order in the railway premises.
- Regular patrolling during any journey to check notorious activities.
- Protecting passengers from theft, terrorist attacks, illegal trafficking.
RPF Salary Structure for Sub-Inspector & Constables
Get detailed information about RPF Salary for both Sub Inspectors and Constables in the table given below.
|Post||Old Pay-Scale & Grade Pay
(6th Pay Commission)
|New Basic Pay
(After 7th Pay Commission)
|Total Salary Per Month
|Sub Inspector||Rs 9300 – Rs 34, 800/- Grade Pay Rs 4200/-||Rs 35, 400/-||Rs 43, 000 – Rs 52, 000/-|
|Constable||Rs 5200 – Rs 20, 200/- Grade Pay Rs 2000||Rs 21, 700/-||Rs 26, 000 – Rs 32, 000/-|
Perks & Allowances for RPF SI & Constables
- Provident fund
- Medical facilities
- Pass and Privilege Ticket Orders
- Educational assistance
- Traveling and transfer allowance
- Other financial matters
RPF Career Growth for Sub-Inspector & Constables
|Assistant Sub Inspector||Circle Inspector|
|Sub Inspector||Zonal Inspector|
Now that you have gone through the RPF Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth for Constables and Sub Inspectors, also look for more details in the articles below.